Term 3 at HVGS
As you will be aware there has been an increase of COVID-19 activity in Victoria and in ‘hotspot’ areas in New South Wales. Subsequently the New South Wales Government closed the border with Victoria and Public Health (COVID-19 Border Control) Order 2020 has been put in place.
Under the order, if you are from or have been in Victoria within the past 14 days, you must not enter NSW unless it is your usual place of residence. There are some further exemptions to this order and those people who are exempt must apply for a permit to enter NSW and then must self-isolate for a minimum of 14 days.
People who have been in Victoria in the previous 14 days must:
- self-isolate at home or in other suitable accommodation for 14 days
- not leave your accommodation except for the following reasons: obtaining medical care, complying with a legal obligation, an emergency, providing critical services or leaving NSW
- not let other people into your residence unless they live there
In line with the public health order, we ask that any students who have been in Victoria in the previous 14 days to abide by the health order and self-isolate as required. There are also several areas in NSW that if you have traveled to within a designated timeframe, you must self-isolate and get tested immediately. These areas are listed here and are updated regularly.
If this period of self-isolation means that a student will not be able to return to the School campus please inform the school via email email@example.com or phone on 4934 2444.
Click on the links below for further information:
- Exemptions for people travelling from Victoria to NSW
- Self-isolation guidelines for people who have visited or travelled from Victoria
- Public health advice for people who have travelled from Victoria in the last 14 days
HVGS COVID-19 FAQS
Find below information about School operations in response to COVID-19.
What cleaning, hygiene and distancing measures are in place?
Can visitors be on site at HVGS?
What are the procedures for dropping off and picking up my child from HVGS?
What procedures are in place at the Early Learning Centre?
What are the procedures for child drop off and pick up to TeamKids?
Are bus services running to and from HVGS for Term 3?
I need to buy my child a uniform, can I attend the uniform shop?
When should I keep my child home from school?
What can you do at home to protect against COVID-19?