Talented students with creative ability in either visual arts and/or drama are invited to apply for a Visual and Performing Arts Scholarship. The Scholarship is available for students entering Years 7 – 11 in 2021.
Applying for a Visual and Performing Arts Scholarship
- Check the eligibility requirements detailed below.
- Complete the online Scholarship Application Form below.
- Make payment of the $120 non-refundable Scholarship Application Fee.
Applications close 1 May 2020
- Recipients of the Visual and Performing Arts Scholarship must show their ability to balance creativity, initiative and technique through performance, exhibition or publication.
- Scholars must be committed to studying the relevant subject to HSC level and must be fully involved in exhibitions and/or performances and other appropriate cocurricular activities.
- Recipients must demonstrate their desire to pursue individual goals while upholding the School’s values and setting a good example to fellow students.
- Scholarships take the form of a remission in fees at the absolute discretion of the Principal.
- The School reserves the right to withhold a Scholarship if there are no students of sufficient merit. The School’s decision on these matters is final.
- Scholarships are not automatically awarded to other siblings of the same family. Each student is considered on his/her own merit.
- There are a limited number of scholarships available (2 per year level) and are awarded at the discretion of the Principal.
- Scholarships are available to external students (not attending HVGS) entering Years 7 – 11 in 2021.
- The online application form must be completed in full, and payment of the $120 Application Fee received at the point of application.
Selection of scholarship candidates will be based on the assessment of the following criteria:
- The applicant conducts themselves appropriately at the interview with the Principal, showing sound speaking and listening skills.
The applicant has achieved outstanding visual or performing arts results for the most recent reporting period with positive teacher commentary concerning the applicant as a learner.
Supporting documentation demonstrates achievement at an outstanding level in visual or performing arts.
References attesting to the personal attributes of the student and the positive contribution the student will make to enhance the ethos of the School.
- All applicants will receive a letter from the Principal advising the outcome of the application and next steps, if appropriate.
Please contact our Director of Enrolments for assistance completing this Application Form