Nothing prepares students for the challenges of real-life like the real world, so our outdoor education experiences are carefully crafted to enhance their physical and emotional strengths so they’re ready for life — wherever it takes them.
Students build resilience from being away from home, and healthy challenge in a fun and social setting is good for their development.
Our formal outdoor education program is compulsory for students in Years 3 – 12.
junior outdoor education
- For Years 3 – 4, the Great Aussie Bush Camp provides new fun-filled experiences and challenging activities perfectly crafted for students to blossom in a unique social setting.
- Three days away at the Outdoor Education Camp at Morisset is an ideal environment for students in Years 5 – 6 to try their hand at various educational, environmental and recreational activities. Rock climbing, orienteering and archery may seem intimidating at first, but it doesn’t take long for students to embrace the experience.
senior outdoor education
- Camp Somerset is the backdrop for students in Year 7 to build friendships, respond to challenge, develop teamwork and resilience. The thrill of hiking, canoeing, obstacle courses, setting up camp and cooking meals really sees students come in their own – all under the watchful eye of professional camp instructors.
- Outdoor education experiences steadily become more challenging in the senior years. The Year 9 Urban Challenge provides the ultimate ‘big wide world’ experience as small teams embark on a fast-paced unfolding adventure through Sydney and surrounds.
- Year 12 students attend a special conference specifically designed to engage them in academic, pastoral, social and outdoor activities. The conference mentally prepares (and bonds) students for their last intensive year of school. It’s here that students better understand their shared responsibility to take care of themselves, and each other, during their final year of school.
- The formal outdoor education program is complemented by the Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award, which is available for students in Years 9 – 12 and encompasses participation in service, skill, physical recreation and adventurous journey.
School camps are included in the annual tuition fee.