When should I apply to HVGS?
We suggest that you apply for admission to join our waitlist as soon as possible. It’s not uncommon for parents to enrol their children from birth, or many years prior to their commencement. With growing waitlists across most year levels, early application is advisable. Complete our online Application for Admission to join our waitlist.
What is the enrolment process?
- Getting to know your family is really important to us, so once we receive your enquiry our Enrolments Team will reach out and invite you in for a personal tour of our fabulous school.
- Once you have made the decision to join HVGS, we ask that you complete an online Application for Admission to join our waitlist. Our Registrar can help you if you need it!
- One year prior to enrolment, our Registrar will reach out to discuss your enrolment and will contact you to complete an online Application for Enrolment. We’ll keep you updated with all the news and events at the School via our quarterly newsletter. If your enrolment is within a year, our Registrar will contact you within 48 hours of receiving your Application for Admission to discuss the next steps.
- When your Application for Enrolment has been received, our Heads of School will review the application. If no further information is required about the enrolment, a Letter of Offer will sent to your family. Families then have 14 days to accept a place in the School.
- We will also organise an informal ‘meet and greet’ at the School so you can meet key staff and ask any questions before your child starts at HVGS.
- In some instances where a new student enrolling in the School requires additional support for learning, special adjustments, or specialised transition, our Registrar may reach out to seek further information from you. A collaborative meeting with our Student Support team or Heads of School may be required to discuss your child’s needs.
Early Learning Centre
- We would love for you to visit our ELC. Reach out to book a time.
- One year prior to enrolment, our Registrar will contact you to complete an Application for Enrolment.
- You’ll be invited to an enrolment meeting with the Director of the Early Learning Centre so we have all the information we need to make your little person feel right at home.
- A signed acceptance form, outlining our enrolment conditions, and payment is required to secure your place in the Early Learning Centre.
Is there a cost to apply to HVGS?
Kindergarten – Year 12
A non-refundable Application Fee of $250 applies for each child. This will secure your place on the waitlist.
Remember the earlier you apply, the higher up the waitlist your child will be and the greater assurance that there’s a place in the School when it comes time to enrol your child.
A non-refundable enrolment bond of $1,250 per child is payable within 30 days of an offer, or prior to commencement at the School – whichever comes first. The enrolment bond is refundable given the Conditions of Enrolment are met.
The bond is not refundable in the instance where a position was accepted but not taken up.
Early Learning Centre
A non-refundable Early Learning Centre application fee of $75 applies for each child.
A $400 security bond is payable upon acceptance in the ELC. This amount will be credited against the final term’s fees in your child’s final year in the ELC.
My child has specific learning needs...
We invest significantly in learning support and learning enrichment. It truly sets us apart from other schools and we are leading the way in this field.
Our comprehensive team of professionals are experienced and well-resourced to cater to every single student’s unique learning requirement. Please visit our Support of Learning & Enrichment page for more information.
I'm unhappy with my child's current school. Help!
Another bad report card? We enrol new families looking for a better option for their son or daughter all year round (provided there’s a vacancy).
Please contact our Registrar as soon as possible to discuss your needs and to see if there is a place available.
We’re happy to put you in contact with key HVGS staff if there’s something you’d specifically like to discuss.
Is there a minimum age for Kindy?
We accept children into Kindergarten who will be turning 5 by the end of February, in the year commencing Kindergarten. Priority will be given to those children who are turning 6 in the year commencing Kindergarten.
What are your tuition costs?
View our School fees here.
What scholarships do you offer?
The School offers a diverse and dynamic range of scholarships to current (Academic scholarships only) and new students in Years 7 – 11. The range of scholarships on offer and the grades they are available to, may change from year-to-year depending on enrolment capacity and the needs of individual cohorts . Read more about our Scholarships.
Is there an entrance exam?
HVGS is a non-selective school so there are no entrance exams, with the exception of those seeking an academic scholarship.
Students entering Year 7 will undertake an Academic Services Assessment so we can determine the best class placings for your child to better meet their learning needs and goals. This is not an entrance exam and only enrolled students will be assessed.
Do I get a preference of days for the early Learning Centre?
In order to ensure continuity of learning and social development for all students, the structure of our Early Learning Centre works on a three day / two day split.
Students attending the ELC for three days will attend on a Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. While students who attend for two days do so on a Monday and Tuesday. Families may also elect a five day attendance, subject to availability across all days.
Where can I view your conditions of enrolment?
You can find information about Conditions of Enrolment here.
Do I need to waitlist siblings?
Siblings of enrolled HVGS students have priority placement; however, it is best to complete an online Application for Admission for each child in your family, even if the intended commencement date is years in advance.
Siblings can only be admitted where vacancies are available, so it’s important that we know about all the children in your family.
Do you accept overseas students?
We are not CRICOS accredited so are unable to accept fee full paying international students.
We can accept exchange students for up to a maximum of 6 months.
I’m moving to the Hunter. Can you help?
Visit our Relocating to the Hunter page on our website for information to help you settle in. You’ll love it!