Whether your child thrives in performance or prefers working behind the scenes, our dramatic arts program will appeal to their theatrical side.
The study of drama builds self-confidence, creative problem-solving, teamwork, confidence and project management skills.
Academic courses in drama are complemented by a wide range of co-curricular and performance opportunities. Students can showcase their talents in an annual drama performance, major school productions, and course and co-curricular drama performances and showcases.
We know that not everyone wants to be centre stage and many students enjoy engaging in drama from the wings. Directing and play building are of keen interest also, so we focus on those aspects of drama too.
All students, Kindergarten – Year 12, can experience the thrill of performance. Exciting productions are brought to the stage each year with opportunities for students of all ages to perform together.
- For students in Years 9 – 12, a full drama production is staged every second year. Recent productions include: Kaleidoscope Reimagined, Get Smart and The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.
- Every other year, students in Years 10 – 11 perform a more intimate show in the Drama Studio.
- Every second year, students in Years 5 – 8 can get involved in the Junior Edition Musical. In 2019 we staged our first production for this cohort, Disney’s Mulan JR, to rave reviews.
- Every other year, a musical production for students in Years 9 – 12 is staged. A highlight for budding thespians it also provides opportunities for students interested in theatre production to get involved. Recent productions include Grease and Beauty and the Beast. Next year’s production is The Addams Family.
- A K – 12 musical is held every five years and replaces either the Years 5 – 8 Junior Edition Musical or the Years 9 – 12 Senior Musical Production. Watch this space for an announcement of the the next whole school musical.
More on junior drama